Tandoori Salmon Skewers
Salmon in a marinade of yogurt and warming Indian spices
30 minutes Easy
- Llaeth y Llan Yogurt - 4 tablespoons
- Tomato Paste - 2 tablespoons
- Sesame Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Ground Cumin - 4 teaspoons
- Paprika - 4 teaspoons
- Ground Coriander - 2 teaspoons
- Ground Turmeric - 2 teaspoons
- Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- 2 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 lbs (900g) uncooked Salmon fillets
(cut into cubes)
- Wooden Skewers
(soak wooden skewers in water before use)
All ingredients available from Castell Howell chfoods.co.uk (trade only)
Mix together the yogurt, tomato paste, oil, cumin, paprika, coriander, turmeric, chilli powder, salt and garlic in a small bowl until well combined. Or alternatively mix the 4tbsp of yoghurt with a ready made Tandoori Paste.
Marinate the salmon pieces and cover in the refrigerator, for at least 1 hour.
Thread the salmon pieces evenly onto each skewer.
Cook the skewers for 10 minutes, turning and brushing regularly with any remaining marinade, so that each side is char-grilled and the salmon is cooked through.
Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over when serving.
Variations: Use other firm fish such as monkfish, tuna or even mackerel fillets work well with tandoori marinades.
food, foodie, fresh fish, salmon, salmon skewers, seafood, tandoori salmon