Steamed Mussels in a creamy garlic and white wine sauce
15 minutes Easy Serves 4
(Castell Howell Product Codes)
- 27532 4lb Live Mussels, cleaned (27532)
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped (5754)
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped (10372)
- 15g Butter (96574)
- Bay Leaves (58082)
- Dry White Wine (31122)
- 120ml Double Cream (2203)
- Parsley Leaves, finely chopped (1365)
> Ensure your mussels are thoroughly cleaned.
> Soften the garlic and shallots in the butter, with the bouquet garni in a large pan. Add the mussels and wine, turn up the heat, then cover and steam them open in their own juices for 3-4 minutes. Give the pan a good shake every now and then.
> Remove the bouquet garni, add the cream and parsley, then remove from the heat.
> Spoon into 4 large warmed bowls and serve with delicious crusty bread.
chef, eatingout, Fish, food, menu, moules, moules mariniere, mussels, recipe, seafood